Land Development Office
GENERAL LOCATION & BUSINESS HOURS
1250 Market Street
Suite 1000, D.R.C.
Chattanooga, TN 37402
Phone: (423) 643-5800
Main Fax: (423) 643-5848
Office hours of operation are Monday through Friday (excluding Holidays), from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. including the lunch hour. Inspection hours of operation are Monday through Friday (excluding Holidays), from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Permits are not accepted for processing after 4 p.m. We accept checks, money orders and credit cards (Visa, Discover, American Express and MasterCard Only). We do not accept Cash.
The Land Development Office seeks to ensure the public's health, safety, and welfare through the enforcement of adopted building, electrical, plumbing, gas and mechanical codes and the Zoning Ordinance. This enforcement promotes the economic health of the City of Chattanooga by enhancing business development, retention, and neighborhoods. We select, develop and retain qualified staff.
Our personnel are committed to be responsive to the public and to review plans, issue permits and perform inspections in a timely manner. We want to provide you with all the expertise you'll need to complete the permitting processes quickly and efficiently. We welcome property owners, architects, developers and contractors to meet with our staff and let us assist you with any questions you may have about Zoning and/or permitting processes.
We are constantly employing new technologies to improve customer service. Some future services may include on-line permit procurement and on-line access for building codes, zoning, plans review and other pertinent building and license related information.
- Contacts LDO_Staff_Directory
- Citizen Gateway - Your Entrance to Chattanooga's On-Line Permit and Inspection Services
- Plans Review- Residential and Commercial / Adopted Codes / Fees
- Land Disturbing / Subdivisions / Infrastructure / Street Cuts
- Building Permits / Inspections
- Trades Permits / Inspections
- Inspection District Map
Land Use Management
- Commercial Signs / Billboards / Banners
- Historic Preservation / Design Review
- Zoning Enforcement / Parking Review
- National Flood Insurance Program
- Landscaping / Urban Forestry
Building Inspection Services
Building - Commercial
Building - Residential
Commercial Signs and Zoning
Forms and Permits
Historic Planning and Design Review
Stormwater Development Inspection Services
Subdivision Land Management Services