Rules & Policies
Chattanooga City Parks are open sunrise to sunset, unless otherwise noted.
The Coolidge Park Carousel hours are:
Monday through Thursday 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
Friday 11:00 am to 8:00 pm
Saturday 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
Sunday 12:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Prohibited Activities in Chattanooga City Parks
- Making a fire, except in grills provided by City
- Possessing alcohol
- Selling or offering any goods or services, except under a written permit from the Administrator of the Department of Public Works
- Posting or displaying any sign, placard, flag or advertising device without such permit
- Soliciting any subscription or contribution
- Bathing, fishing or molesting/harming any animal
- Following a person in or about a public place
- Engaging in a course of conduct or repeatedly committing an act that alarms or seriously annoys another person and that serves no legitimate purpose
- Playing a game in an area not designed for that purpose
- Littering and illegal dumping
- Vandalism, defacing park property and destruction of park property (including plants)
- Having a pet that is off-leash. Pets are prohibited in Coolidge Park, the TN Aquarium Plaza and on the Tennessee Riverwalk (beyond the Bluff View Art District). Owners must pick up after their pets.
- Operating a motorized vehicle, including ATVs and ORVs, except along park drives.
- Holding an event without a required permit. For more information on Park Reservations and Permits visit: http://www.chattanooga.gov/public-works/parks/parks-reservations
Read through the Chattanooga City Code Chapter 26 Parks and Playgrounds for more detailed information on what is lawful and unlawful in our parks, trails and natural areas.
A few rules to keep in mind when visiting the fountain at Coolidge Park:
- No pets
- No water balloons, water guns, or other toys allowed
- No skates, skateboards, scooters, or bicycles allowed
- Toddlers must wear swim diapers
- Footwear is recommended
- Never leave child(ren) unattended
Unaccompanied minors (under age 18) should not be in Coolidge Park between the hours of 6:00pm and 6:00 am.
To preserve and enhance the quality of the physical environment and infrastructure through prompt, cost effective and courteous delivery of services which protect the health, safety and welfare of citizens.
Justin Holland, Administrator
1250 Market Street!
Chattanooga TN 37402 (map)
Tweets by CHAPublicWorks
| Connect with Public Works on Twitter