Submit an Online Request
- Brush collection is a residential on-call collection service. Residents can schedule brush collection by visiting CHA311.com once yard waste has been placed curbside. Select 'Garbage, Recycle, Bulky Trash, and Yard Waste,' for request.
Call for Collection
- Residents must call 311 to schedule a collection once yard waste is placed on the curbside in one pile directly in front of their address.
- Wood waste may not be larger than 8-feet in length and 24-inches in diameter.
- Brush piles must not have garbage or other refuse stacked on top or intermixed.
- Brush collection crews will not collect items other than yard waste.
- Small amounts of brush, bagged leaves, and bagged grass clippings may be placed inside your garbage container for weekly collection.
- Brush must be assembled at only one location adjacent to or on the property where it was generated.
- Place brush separate from other items and at least 3-feet away from all other objects.
- Brush shall also be placed as near as practicable to a public street in front of the residence without blocking the roadway, any sidewalk, drainage ditch or catch basin in an appropriate authorized place for ease of collection.
Contractors and Businesses
- Licensed contractors who cut or trim trees or bushes for hire must remove the resulting debris from the premises and provide for lawful disposal of the debris within 24-hours.
- It shall be unlawful for any contractor, business, or non-residential property to place such debris for residential collection.
To preserve and enhance the quality of the physical environment and infrastructure through prompt, cost effective and courteous delivery of services which protect the health, safety and welfare of citizens.
Justin Holland, Administrator
1250 Market Street
Chattanooga TN 37402 (map)
| Connect with Public Works on Twitter